Birding for Pleasure is a local organization that promotes recreational birding. They have generously made four pairs of birding binoculars available to local residents at the Durham Public Library. Binoculars may be checked out for one week by adults with a valid library card, and come with a carrying case and instruction booklet. Binoculars must be checked out and returned at the library’s circulation desk. For more information, please contact the library at 860-349-9544. Birding for Pleasure is supported by a grant from the Coginchaug Valley Education Foundation (CVEF).
Loan Period, Fines, and Fees
- You may place a hold on binoculars, but you must pick them up and return them to Durham Public Library.
- Binoculars may be borrowed for one week.
- Binoculars may be renewed up to two times if no other patron is waiting.
- A fee of $1 per day will be charged for each day the binoculars are overdue.
- Fees will be assessed in the case of loss, damage or theft (up to $200).
- Patrons must have a Connecticut library card with their account in good standing(not blocked by fines of $25 or more.)
- Patron accepts full financial liability for the binoculars and agrees to pay all costs associated with the damage to, loss of, or theft of the binoculars (up to $200).
- Patron agrees to inform library staff regarding any issues with items (broken or lost pieces, cosmetic damage, etc.).