Starting on August 12, 2019, the Durham Public Library will be offering two new features: automatic renewals and a “Lucky Day” Collection.
Almost all Durham Public Library materials will renew twice automatically, unless the book is on hold for another patron.
- Items will be renewed from their original due date and will renew for the original loan period. For example, books renew for an additional 21 days and DVDs renew for an additional 7 days.
- Items will be automatically renewed up to two times.
- Lucky Day books (see below) and Express DVDs have no renewals and will not be automatically renewed.
- Items will only renew if the item is not on hold for another patron.
- If your item is automatically renewed you will receive an email from us with your new due date.
- If your item is NOT automatically renewed you will still receive an email from us letting you know that the item is due back soon.
- Not all LION libraries have automatic renewals. If you have borrowed an item from another LION library, even if you checked it out in Durham, it may not be automatically renewed.
Lucky Day Collection
Tired of long waits for the newest bestseller? Today might be your lucky day! Durham’s new Lucky Day collection consists of additional copies of new and popular titles.
Here’s a few things to know:
- Lucky Day books circulate for 21 days, but there are no holds and no renewals.
- The Lucky Day collection is located at the beginning of the New Book Display.
- Books are marked with a label indicating they are part of the Lucky Day collection.
- All Lucky Day titles are also available in the regular collection and those can be reserved or renewed if there are no holds on the title.
Questions? Give us a call at (860) 349-9544.
Socialize With Us
Tweets by DurhamLibraryCT