PALS: he Friends of the Durham Public Library, is holding a book sale on Saturday, November 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the library basement.
We’ll be accepting donations for the sale at the library from October 16 until November 6. Please note that we will not accept books that:
- Have mold, water damage, or damaged covers
- Are marked up by previous owners
- Have torn or missing pages
- Are older than 1991 (not including rare or first edition classics)
- Business, computer, economics, health, social sciences or travel books older than 2006
Hall Book Sale
The Library accepts gently used books, music CDs, audiobooks, and DVDs to add to the collection or to sell in the ongoing Hallway Book Sale. We cannot accept donations of magazines, textbooks or VHS tapes. Due to storage and processing limitations, we can only accept 20 or fewer books at a time.
PALS Annual Book Sale
From mid-April to mid-May, the Library accepts unlimited materials in good condition for our annual book sale, organized by PALS. We cannot accept donations of textbooks or VHS tapes. All donations may be left on the cart in the foyer of the library building.