Ideal for high school students! The Durham Public Library seeks two reliable and detail-oriented library shelvers to join our team. There are two, 7.5 hour per week, minimum wage positions available.
- Applicable library experience
- Must be 16 years of age
- Ability to read, write, and alphabetize
- Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems
- Familiarity with office computer applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons.
- Attention to detail
- Returns items to shelves accurately
- Assists with maintaining order of collection
- Assists with creating displays
- Assists with preparations for library programs
- Assists with maintaining order and cleanliness of library
- In addition to essential functions, all employees are expected to carry out other duties as assigned
To apply please send a resume and three references to Christine Michaud, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the online Library Shelver Assessment. Deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 7, 2023.