About This Page/Submission Guidelines
The Durham Public Library will post jobs located in the town of Durham, Connecticut. No other jobs will be posted. There is no charge for posting jobs.
- Submit jobs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any format is acceptable, including: pasted into body of the email; an attached Word or PDF document; or a link to a posting on your website.
- Durham Public Library reserves the right to reformat and edit listings for length.
- Durham Public Library typically posts jobs within one to three business days.
This page is updated every 1-3 business days as needed. Ads with deadlines are removed once the deadline has passed. Ads without deadlines remain listed for one month. The date the ad was posted to this site appears at the beginning of each listing. Please email email@example.com to remove a listing.
9-6-23 – Durham Public Library Circulation Assistant
The Durham Public Library seeks an enthusiastic and reliable circulation assistant to join our team. This is a part-time position performing a variety of circulation and customer service functions. Excellent customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively with patrons and staff, and attention to detail required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing circulation routines using the Library’s automated system, including issuing and renewing library cards; checking library materials in and out; collecting fines; placing holds and contacting patrons, answering phones and responding to queries.
- Advising patrons about library materials and services.
- Assisting patrons with computers and other technology.
Qualifications desired include:
- High school graduation required; Associates degree preferred.
- Circulation and/or customer service experience in a public library.
- Experience with computers and automated library systems. Experience with Sierra preferred.
- Strong commitment to warm and welcoming public service required.
This is a part-time (10 hours per week) non-union position with no benefits. The salary is $19.63/hour and the regular schedule includes Monday and Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings. Successful candidates will be subject to the Town of Durham background screening process, and a pre-employment drug screen. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Christine Michaud, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 25, 2023.